Please share your feedback and help us improve this page. Make sure to include the URL of this page in your comments.
Over 165,000 items from more than 1,500 meetings
1926 - present
Over 5,300 journals
BIOSIS Citation Index combines the carefully indexed life science coverage found in BIOSIS Previews (Biological Abstracts, Reports, Reviews, and Meetings) with the power of cited reference searching.
Subject coverage is the same as that of BIOSIS Previews and includes traditional areas of biology like botany, zoology, and microbiology.
Related and interdisciplinary fields such as agriculture, biochemistry, bioengineering, biomedical, biophysics, biotechnology, ecology, medicine, and pharmacology are also covered.
For items published from 2006 forwards, cited references are fully indexed directly from BIOSIS sources. For items published prior to 2006, only items that overlap with Web of Science Core Collection will have cited reference data.
1. Access Web of Science from your library’s electronic resources page.
2. Create a sign-in for Web of Science (top right corner of the landing page).
While optional, creating a sign-in allows you to:
3. Sign up for live web-based training. Register for a class and walk through our products with an expert trainer.
4. Watch our video tutorials on YouTube. This playlist of short videos from our YouTube channel walks you through key features on the Web of Science platform.
5. Use the tabs at the top of this guide to explore each database on the platform in more detail.
BIOSIS Citation Index: Cited Reference Search
The All Times Cited Count comes from these six sources.