Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Thank you for using EndNote!
This page will supply resources to help site license or network administrator set up the distribution for your site license copies of EndNote™ and help your community use it more effectively.
When you purchase a new site license or Clarivate releases a new version of EndNote for your site license, your site license administrator will receive an email with the new product key and links to download the software. Please contact your Clarivate sales manager if there will be a change to your site license administrator to ensure a smooth transition at the next release.
EndNote library safety
- EndNote libraries consist of two parts: the enl file and the Data folder. Keep these two items together at all times; both are needed for the library to work correctly.
- Keep EndNote libraries on your computer's local hard drive. Storing and editing libraries on a network drive can lead to corruption and performance issues.
- If needed for sharing purposes, a copy of an EndNote library can be placed in a read-only folder on a network drive for multiple users to access. The original library should remain on the owner's computer.
- Never store EndNote libraries that you're actively developing in cloud-syncing folders such as Dropbox, OneDrive, SugarSync, etc. Syncing folders corrupt EndNote libraries over time.
- You can safely keep EndNote library backups on network drives and cloud syncing folders.
- Synchronize EndNote library references between desktop and laptop computers, an EndNote online library, and an iOS device using EndNote Sync. EndNote Sync is the only suggested synchronization method for EndNote references.
- Share entire EndNote EndNote libraries with up to 100 other EndNote desktop users through EndNote Sync and Library Sharing.
EndNote does not track downloads or installations from your site. If you wish to track how many of your users have downloaded the installer, please implement tracking measures locally.
Register for live training
Calendar of live training events
Get help now
Have a product question? Search our knowledge base or open a support case with our support teams.
Request sitewide training
Ask us about training options for your organization.
Request a trainer copy of EndNote
We supply free trainer copies of EndNote 20 to qualified university librarians and IT personnel or software trainers at universities, nonprofits and government agencies. Requests are processed weekly every Wednesday. You must be in an official teaching or training position to be eligible - students do not qualify for this program.