Drawn from 59 patent-issuing authorities worldwide
1963 - present
Patents are by nature very technical documents that can be difficult to read and are condensed into only the most important information.
Clarivate Analytics enhances searchability and discoverability of patent data by adding valuable metadata to the patent record:
Along with journals and conference proceedings, patents are a major component of the world's published scientific literature. Particularly in technical fields--and most likely due to the commercial potential of new technologies--a significant portion of published information can only be found in patent publications. Patent data is not just for the inventor; it's for scientific awareness for anyone.
1. Access Web of Science from your library’s electronic resources page.
2. Create a sign-in for Web of Science (top right corner of the landing page).
While optional, creating a sign-in allows you to:
3. Sign up for live web-based training. Register for a class and walk through our products with an expert trainer.
4. Watch our video tutorials on YouTube. This playlist of short videos from our YouTube channel walks you through key features on the Web of Science platform.
5. Use the tabs at the top of this guide to explore each database on the platform in more detail.