Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Build your profile
Join researchers from around the world on Publons to track your publications, citation metrics, peer reviews, and journal editing work in a single, easy-to-maintain profile.
- Track citations
- Be assigned a Web of Science ResearcherID
- Track and update publications on profiles and across Web of Science — ensuring correct author attribution and identification
- Track peer review and journal editing work alongside publication history
- Download customizable reports for funding and promotion applications.
Author identifiers in Web of Science
The Web of Science ResearcherID on Publons and ORCID are two author identifier solutions that help you build your publication portfolio. Both are supported in Web of Science.
- Publons allows you to create lists of publications you've authored, peer reviews your performed and your journal editing history.
- ORCiD and Web of Science ResearcherID are unique identifiers that support author name disambiguation.
- Both identifiers are supported in Web of Science: an author's publications in Web of Science can be found by searching for the author's Web of Science ResearcherID or ORCID number.
- You can link Publons with your ORCID ID to easily export your publication list and verified peer review records from Publons to ORCID. You can also import your publications from ORCiD to Publons.
- Keep your publication list up to date! As you publish new papers, make sure to add them to your Publons and ORCID profile. Publons makes it easy by regularly searching Web of Science for your publications and prompting you to add them to your profile in a single click.
Set up your Publons account
1. Go to https://publons.com/
2. Click on Create a Publons Profile or Register. If you already have a sign-in for Web of Science or EndNote online, use the same email address when you register for Publons.
3. If you have an existing ORCID account and have built a list of your publications there, link your ORCID and Publons accounts so that you can import your publications to Publons. Click the green ORCID icon to begin.
4. Complete your Publons profile.
Creating a Publons profile
Watch this short video to see how you can quickly build your Publons profile, and begin adding publications and reviews.
Find your publications in Web of Science and claim them to your Publons account
Another way to add publications to your Publons profile is by adding them from an Author Search beta in Web of Science Core Collection.
Author Search beta retrieves Author Records for the author name you search. Author Records are groups of publications that are likely by one person. They are created with a combination of artificial intelligence and human curated data. The algorithm uses over 40 data features, including name matching, affiliation, citation behavior and co-authorship patterns, combined with Web of Science ResearcherID and ORCID identifiers, plus direct feedback from the Web of Science community. Learn more about finding your publications with Author Search in these videos:
ResearcherID comes to Publons
- Publons is now the new researcher community where researchers can benefit from an improved Web of Science ResearcherID: adding publications, tracking citations, and managing their presence across Web of Science.
- ResearcherID accounts have been upgraded to Publons profiles. Your ResearcherID identifier, publication lists and all other existing data have been retained and are available on your Publons profile.
- All existing links to your old ResearcherID account will be redirected to your new Publons profile, including from any ResearcherID badges you have created.
- If you have additional questions, you'll find all the details here.